Thursday 3 April 2008

2nd April 2008

I had sometime off yesterday and it turned out to be a good un! I nipped up to Whitty for 3 or 4 hours and although I didn't take many photo's I had one of the best days for some time. There were 6 cars on the car park so I didn't bother with the Feeder Hide but did the others. List as follows:-

Pool Hide
Moorhen
Coot (7)
Canada Goose (6)
Heron (1)
Chiffchaff (1)
Longtail tit (2)
Mallard (1)
Treecreeper (2)


Main Pool
Dabchick (2)
Coot(5) - 2 on nests
Teal (1)
Heron(1)
Woodpigeon (lots)
Buzzard being Mobbed


The Scrape
Pheasant (1)
Canada Goose (2)
Moorhen (2)
Reed Bunting (1)

and on the way to the Field Hide I spotted thiss little Beauty

The Flashes
Canada Goose (50+)
Curlew (6)
Avocet (1) - flying towards Furnace End
Oystercatcher (1) - flying towards Coton
Shelduck (2) - Flying towards Coton
Reedbunting
Woodpigeons (10+)

I think thats the best haul from the Field Hide!

No comments: